Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy New Year!

For our New Year's Eve celebration we had some friends over and played games with them while the kiddos all played together. Their son, Jacob, is the same age as Carter, so the three boys are all best buds. Their daughter is a year younger than Lylah, but as Maddie gets older, her and Lylah get better at playing with each other. (although, Lylah is a very selfish one with toys!) We had a wonderful night bringing in the new year with great friends!

I don't know what Zach is doing here- but it's too funny!


"I'm not tired... I promise... Yawn..."


"I'm not tired either... I can make it to midnight... I know I can... Yawn"

(PS... Nathan didn't make it to midnight. He and Lylah both passed out around 10. However, Carter, Jacob and Maddie made it and probably would have kept going strong long after the parents were ready for bed!)

Zach is so goofy! He would not cooperate long enough to get our first picture of 2009.

Try again

And again...


Just forget it!


Looking back at 2008 overall, it was a great year! We had lots of fun as a family, spent time with close friends and family, and created lots of memories. We're excited about enjoying 2009 too and all that comes with it!

I made three resolutions for 2009-
1- to work out more to get in shape.
2- to watch less TV (but then decided to just work out WHILE I watch TV!).
3- Nag Zach less. (Just because he doesn't do things exactly how I would like, the easiest, or even the right way- I should just keep my mouth shut!) lol

Number three is Zach's favorite!


Anyway! Here are some pictures from Christmas at the zoo I'm throwing in! We went on 12/30 and met up with Melissa and Jacob to take a look at the lights! Luckilly, it wasn't as cold as it had been the previous years we went!





Isn't this next one freaky looking?! My camera had a hard time adjusting to the darkness / Christmas lights combo. So, the result is a pic where my kids look like ghosts!


All the trees were decorated so beautifuly!


This section was set up in sync with music. The kids really liked it.




Waiting for the train (I love photos like this!)


We were going super fast! (okay- so we weren't really- this is just how my camera decided to auto adjust to the light differences and moving. Pretty cool though if I do say so myself!)


End it with an elephant! <3

No comments: