Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Snow Fun - fm January



What kid doesn't like playing in the snow?! Mine love it and begged every day there was snow on the ground if they could pretty please go out and play in the snow! On the warmer days (when it wasn't 20 below), we all bundled up and went out to play.


Of course, they love digging in the snow using their big trucks and little shovels.



They loved playing in the deeper piles of snow made by the snow plow (when they finally got around to our circle!).



Zach shoveling the driveway- just days before the bigger snow! Thankfully it was very powdery and easy to move!


1-2-3- JUMP!


Carter


Natey


Lylah (I swear this girl has some poses!)


Lylah and I were making snow angels!


Carter was not happy about the 2 seconds after the camera clicked!


After we played in the front yard for a bit, we went out back to play with the dogs too. They really enjoy playing in the snow! Cali was putting her nose in it and scooting it around. Reno loves when I throw it up and he jumps up to get it!



These pics of the dogs in the back are after we got the 15 inches.


Poor Cali had to make herself a path to get the snow low enough so she could go potty without freezing her hoo-hoo off! lol


I didn't get any pics of the kids playing in the snow after the big storm- but they did- and they loved it! Christy and I took Carter and Nathan sledding at the Washington Township Park Sledding Hill the day after the storm. The hill was crowded, but we still managed to have a great time! Although, my tailbone is still not happy with me for busting it after accidently going over a hidden ramp while riding the old wooden speed-racer sled Christy brought! I think I permanently damaged it (my tailbone- not the sled!) -lol- and swore that next time we go sledding I will stuff a pillow in my pants so I'll have more cushion for my boney butt! They should just make sleds with extra padding!

The boys had a blast and were worn out before the hour was up. (Thank goodness, because Christy and I were worn out before that!- Have you tried dragging two sleds and two kids up a steep, snowy, slippery hill?! not easy!) We're looking forward to going again though!! And next time, I'll take the camera!

No comments: