Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering 9/11

I cannot believe it's already the 11th of September. As I think back, I have both positive and negative memories of this day depending on the year. The obvious negative memory is September 11, 2001. I remember being at work at my desk and someone running over saying there's been a horrible crash. I didn't really understand the severity of it. Even after I went to the breakroom to watch the coverage, I didn't understand what was going on. I was what...?...22. I remember everyone being terrified and then it hitting me on just what exactly was happening with these terrorist attacks. Ever sense then and the resulting war, I've had a new, stronger appreciation for our country and the men and women who serve it, as well as a new found respect for the Star Spangled Banner.


Now, to the good memories though! Just two years before that on September 11, 1999 Zach and I were having our first date (second time around). We went putt-putting and to the driving range. I don't remember who won, but I'm pretty sure it was him! Then, on the way home he pulled the sliest move while shifting gears and 'accidentally' grabbed my knee. It was so obvious it was cute! The rest is history! So, this day marks the 9 year anniversary of our first date.

This picture was taken fall of '99. We both worked at a warehouse together. It's kind of hard to tell by the picture, but Zach actually has a full head of hair! lol! We were engaged by November! <3

So, I do love September 11th. It reminds me of the appreciation of life, my country, first dates, love, and more.

No comments: