Friday, July 25, 2008

Bathroom project- Finished!

A few months ago I decided I wanted to put up a tile backsplash around my bathtub and I started the task of researching doing the project myself. After looking at the tile decisions Lowes had to offer, it only took about an hour of going back and forth before Zach and I agreed on the tile!

BEFORE


So, I started my project a couple of weeks ago. And, let me honestly say, I wasn't quite sure I could do it. But, like I said, I did some researching online and it didn't take me long to realize there was no point in worrying about the job I was going to do. I would do my best, and that's all there was to it! Besides, if I messed it up, we could always just tear it down and re-do it. (I mean...Zach could tear it down and re-do it!)

The first day I painted and the next day I tiled. You should have seen me working with mortar (argh argh argh... or however Tim Allen on 'Home Improvement' says it!) The third day I grouted. I liked it all! After having some hard to fit tiles trimmed, I put up the border tile along the top. Then, it sat for a week of me finding the time to finish! And, finally, I was able to finish this week! Everything is now caulked and just waiting to be sealed!


AFTER

I was able to accomplish everything during nap times. The boys tried to help as much as possible- and as much as I'd let them! I am just so thankful to God for giving me the courage to take on this project all by myself! I've never tiled before and was nervous going into it! I am very proud of myself and that feeling of accomplishment, on a typically 'man' project, is a very great feeling indeed!

4 comments:

Dean, Mel, Ben and Joey said...

I am SO impressed! That looks awesome. Way to go! I would never be brave enough to take on the project.

danadane1128 said...

Thank you! I think Zach was impressed too- and that's always good (showing up the husband!) ;)

I haven't checked the weather yet this week, but I'm thinking about taking the kids to a small park one day that's nice. If you don't have plans and want to meet up, let me know!

Dean, Mel, Ben and Joey said...

Definitely! I work Monday and Wednesday but we are free Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday

danadane1128 said...

Okay- I checked the weather and we look good for Thursday morning before it gets too hot!
I babysit one little boy and Mya (Pete's daughter), so I have to go to a small park so it's easier to keep an eye on everyone!

I'm not sure of places near you, but there's a new little park in a sub-division behind mine I thought about going to around 10. I can give you directions, or if you have a suggestion, let me know! You can email me if you'd like: danadane1128@yahoo.com