Saturday, August 2, 2008

Checking in!

Well, this is the end of the second week of me watching my neice, Mya, and things are still going great! That makes 5 kids in the house- and they all get along for the most part- most of the time! Mya will be three next month, so she's just a DOLL! Her and Lylah do not always get along like I had hoped though- which I guess should be expected. Mya will tell Lylah "that's MY Dana" and Lylah will come back: "No, MY Dana". They go back and forth arguing over me. hehe! Gotta love it! ;) But, most of the time they are best buds!

I'm working with Mya on potty training. She's doing great and just about there. This week I made her a sticker chart and her reward for filling it up was to have a potty party. She was so proud of herself!

Lylah I think is a little jealous of the time I'm spending helping Mya potty, so she's regressed a little and has been having more accidents this week. She rarely had been having accidents, so the only logical reason is because she sees the extra attention Mya's getting. So, she'll have a sticker chart this coming week too! =)

The boys are good. Carter has started testing talking back and having a little attitude. He's learning it's not something he can get away with- and I'm REALLY good at giving attitude adjustments! lol He starts Kindergarten on the 13th. I'm going to be a wreck. I think I'm going to drive him because I don't think I can stand the picture of him getting onto that big school bus and driving away. =( I need to change the topic to a different child before I depress myself!

Nathan has been doing so well with sleeping in his bed all night. He's always gone to bed fine, but at some point in the middle of the night he'd get up and sneak in bed next to Zach. Well, we bribed him with a new bike. (Judge me if you want to but I don't care!) I went a bought it and everything. It stayed in the closet until he could sleep in his bed for only 5 nights. 2 months later... he FINALLY earned his new bike! Now, every night he sleeps in his bed all night, it means he gets to ride his bike the next day. It's working- so that's all that matters!

We went to a demolition derby last weekend. It was a blast! I'm actually looking forward to the next one! Lylah, of course didn't like it. But, she wasn't feeling too good either. She actually fell asleep twice during it. If you've never been, it's pretty loud!



Anyway! That's all the update I have time for now!

No comments: