Friday, August 8, 2008

My tree story

Last Thursday I found 6 trees (I think they're Bradford Pears) mixed in with tons of trash sitting on the curb in front of a new construction build in the neighborhood behind ours. So, I got them! Yay- free trees! We worked on getting the holes dug and the trees planted on Sunday and Monday. On Tuesday we got the last tree in the ground. I'm working on nursing them back to good health. Well, on Wed. my neighbor, who until this point has been pretty cool, approaches Zach and states he has a problem with one of the trees we planted. I'll try to make a long story not so long. We planted 5 of the trees along the back side of our privacy fence. We planted one tree on the side. His problem is that we planted that one in our back-side-yard on the outside of the privacy fence. He said IF he decides to ever put a fence up, it will look silly having the tree growing in between our two fences. He also used other lame reasons on why he has a problem with it. (like he doesn't want to duck under branches to mow. I told him it was our propery, so he shouldn't be mowing by the tree anyway- AND... he's shorter than I am, so he'd have no problem!) I told him I wasn't digging another hole and moving the tree. It's planted on our property, just on the outside of the fence. (Our backyard is on a hill and our yard on the outside of the fence is more level- so there's our reason incase you're wondering why the trees aren't inside the fence.) I said I'd leave it up to Zach bc he'll be the one troubled by digging it up and moving it.

So... Zach said we should just be neighborly and move it. HA! Not me! I told him I'd like to pay the arm and leg for a survey ($350), get our property line marked, and then MOVE the privacy fence to exactly on our property line. But, of course, we'd first have to get approval from our HOA to put our fence right on the line- because I guess they control everything. Then, we'd have an extra 4-6 feet of yard included within our fence down that side and up the back.

But anyway- after that on Wed. it pretty much has been bothering me all week. I'm trying not to be worried with it and to just listen to what God says we should do. But, I'm just a spiteful thing I guess!

Lylah just woke up from her nap, so I need to get her before she wakes up Alex and Mya. I'll try to update Sunday night on our baptism!!


UPDATE This evening my neighbor came over and appologized about making such a big deal over the tree. So- whew... thank you God for taking care of this! (although I told Zach, it probably would be a good idea to move the fence anyway.)

No comments: